- Koi For Sale Goldfish For Sale
- Fall and Winter Prep
- Fish Antibiotics
- Flow Meters
- Fountains by Aqua Bella Designs
- Garden Statuary
- Helix Pond Life Support Systems
- Koi Books and DVDs
- Koi Care Kennel Products
- Koi Food
- Koi Nets
- Lake Management
- New Pond Supplies
- On Sale
- Plant Food and Fertilizer
- Pond and Lake Aeration
- Pond Drains
- Pond Filter Media
- Pond Filters
- Pond Heaters
- Pond Kits
- Pond Lighting
- Pond Netting
- Pond Plumbing Supplies
- Pond Pre Filters
- Pond Pumps (External)
- Pond Pumps (Submersible)
- Pond Skimmers
- Pond Vacuums
- Pond Water Treatments
- Spring and Summer Prep
- UV Sterilizers
- Water Testing Equipment
Shop by Brand
Koi Market Info
Koi Market partnered with Blackwater Creek Koi farms as our exclusive supplier of premium quality Koi.
Why did we partner with one Koi Breeder?
- Blackwater no longer imports koi from other breeders. All of their koi are 100% homegrown, protecting them from disease.
- They have the best quality Butterfly koi in the world!
- They have a huge variety of koi types to satisfy all our customers.
- They have super stringent bio security procedures ensuring koi are healthy.
- They have a proven track record for shipping healthy koi around the world!
SORRY BUT NO RETURN OR REFUND ON FISH. We only guarantee live arrival and you must be present at the time of delivery to accept the fish and sign for it. If the fish unfortunately died upon delivery we will replace it with another fish of equal value.
- You must notify us immediately by email, phone, or fax, within 6 hours of delivery in the unfortunate event that the fish died when you received it.
- You must also take a digital picture of the fish and email it to us. If photo are taken, send it to us as soon as possible after you have contacted us about the problem.
- IMPORTANT - Inspect all packages, especially fish, BEFORE YOU SIGN.
- Please note on the delivery receipt any obvious damage or notify the driver if present at the time of delivery.
- Failure to do so will result in you being liable for the damaged merchandise. Call the carrier immeditely to file a damage claim upon delivery of any noticeable damage. We cannot assist you in working out a settlement with UPS unless they are immediately notified of the damage…and we are unable to accept responsibility for damage if the goods have been signed for and accepted in "Good Condition".
- We cannot accept responsibility for shipping delay or damages done by the carrier.
- Your fish will be packed in polyethylene bags with pure oxygen and an ammonia absorbent.
- Once Shipped, your order will be packed to arrive safely at your door within 36 hours.
- Sometimes the couriers delay shipments and the packages cannot arrive on the flight we specified. These delays happen approximately 15% of the time.
- Should there be a problem with the packages after they arrive, please be sure to note any damage on the courier bill prior to signing for the packages. We cannot be responsible for delayed flights as this is out of our control.
When You Get Your Koi:
- It's important that we know that your koi arrived safely, we ask that you send us an email at email@example.com to let us know that your koi arrived safely. We're as concerned as you are about the health and safe delivery of your koi, if anything is wrong, we need to know right away.
- Float fish in the bags in the receiving tank for 1/2 hour.
- Add your pond water to the bag filling it up to 50% of its volume. Note their activities. Allow 15 minutes for the fish to acclimate and then release them.
- IMPORTANT: Do not place the water from the bag into your pond. If the fish act erratic, test your water for any problems prior to release and adjust accordingly.
- It also helps to check the pH of both your pond water and the water in the fish bag. If the pH is drastically different, gradually add more pond water to the fish bag, waiting 15 minutes between each water addition, until the pH is equalized.
We take every precaution in providing you with healthy koi, we quarantine all our koi before shipment. That being said, it is standard practice and advised when buying koi from any Koi dealer to quarantine your koi for a minimum of 3 weeks.
Why Quarantine? We practice quarantining for a few reasons.
- It gives us the opportunity to observe our new koi up close and personal. Koi are highly susceptible to disease or parasite attack when it is under stress, which it is right now due to the moving and change of environment.
- Due to Koi and goldfish susceptibility to disease and parasite attacks, we don't want to expose the rest of your fish to this should it happen to break out.
- Even though the fish in your pond may appear healthy, there may be some low-level pathogens in your system that your koi have become immune to. Placing a new (stressed) addition to your pond exposes it to these pathogens and increases the likelihood of a breakout.
What is a Quarantine tank?
Ideally, it is a miniature version of your pond. This includes proper aeration and filtration, with frequent water changes. The size of a quarantine tank depends upon the fish load. It could be as small as 50 gallons for one or two small koi, or as large as 1000 gallons or more if it is to hold several large koi. The important thing is that it must be capable of maintaining near-perfect water conditions.
- Filtration for a Quarantine tank.
The filter need not be as sophisticated as the one commonly used for a larger pond system.
- It should include both mechanical (to remove solids) and biological (to remove ammonia and nitrites) capabilities.
- In larger quarantine systems the mechanical and biological systems may be separate units.
The tricky part here is biological filtration. As you may know by now, it takes several weeks for a bio-system to "set up". Certain types of bacteria must be present to convert ammonia to nitrite and nitrite to relatively harmless nitrate. The fastest way to quick-start a bio-filter is to use some media from your existing system. Many hobbyists keep a quarantine tank active throughout the year by keeping a few koi in it. This keeps the nitrifying bacteria active and capable of colonizing quickly with the addition of more fish.
You should run your filter with a pump capable of circulating the water once every 30 minutes. If you use a submersible, please place it in a net bag to prevent injury to the koi, who could scratch themselves on it's sharp corners (when a koi is in an unfamiliar territory, it will tend to dart around nervously for the first day or so) Also be sure to use GFCI electrical connections.
Your Pond and Quarantine Water Quality:
- Salt Level 3ppt (3 lbs non iodized salt per 100 gallons) -- this is very important!
- Temperature 70-85 degrees Fahrenheit.
- pH 6.5-8
- Ammonia 0 PPM
- Nitrite less than .25 PPM
- Oxygen 4 PPM or greater
If possible, it's good practice to place one small koi from your pond into the quarantine tank with the new additions. This will expose whatever you have in your pond to the newbies, and also will expose your pond to whatever the newbies may bring with them. Better to discover any incompatibilities now than later!
Due to the higher fish load in most quarantine systems, it is important to do frequent and large water changes. In an extreme situation, where biomass is not available, one could actually maintain a quarantine tank with no filtration if proper water changers are conducted. This would require a 50% water change daily, and regular testing for ammonia and nitrite so changes could be increased if called for. With a proper filter, however, 10% to 15% changes (2) twice weekly is recommended. In either case, you should obtain test kits for ammonia and nitrite. Both of these should be maintained in the zero to .1 ppm range at all times. You should use water, which has been de-chlorinated, either by aging or by the addition of sodium thiosulphate at a rate of 1 tbsp per 500 gallons.
Feeding in a Quarantine tank.
The general thought on feeding in quarantine tanks is that if you are feeding at all you are feeding too much. The point here is that food is the source of most quarantine problems.
So what happens if the koi-in-quarantine develops health problems? Immediate care must be provided if this fish is to survive. If you are able to diagnose the problem, treat according to recommended methods. The entire quarantine tank should be treated, as both parasites and diseases will easily spread to other koi.
Return Policy ↑ TOP
If a product purchased from us arrives to you damaged in any way, please contact us within two (2) business days after product arrival to report damage. If warranty support is required, we will contact the respective manufacturer on your behalf to request a warranty claim / RMA#. Customer will be responsible for all shipping costs.
All Product returns must be approved. We will not accept product returns without prior authorization. For an RMA number call Customer Service at (516) 809 6771 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All Returns require this authorization number. Please note that an RMA# does not guarantee a refund. All returns are subject to inspection by the manufacturer. Any merchandise returned to us unauthorized will be refused.
Orders received by customers residing outside the contiguous US will be subject to additional shipping and handling cost. This additional cost will be calculated after checkout and customer notified via email within two business days.
All returned items, except for warranty claims, are subject to a 15% restocking fee. No returns on specialty (non-stock) items, except in cases of damaged merchandise.
Please inspect your order when it arrives for damage and verify your order is complete. We do not offer free exchanges or returns for damaged or incorrect merchandise received if reported to us more than five (5) business days after original delivery date.
For items originally purchased with free shipping, if your returning your order for a refund, our cost for shipping the product to you will be deducted from the refund. The buyer is also responsible for any applicable shipping costs for exchanges regardless of when the exchange is actually requested.
All exchanged/returned merchandise must be in original factory condition, including all packaging materials, manuals, warranty cards (not filled-out) and all accessories. Please do not tape or write anything on the item or the package! We reserve the right to charge you for replacement of damaged, altered, missing, written-on or taped-on contents or cartons. We reserve the right to refuse any such returns. If a returned item has been opened, appears used, and/or damaged in any way a refund / credit will not be issued.
The following items are not returnable; special/custom orders, pond liner, liner underlay, tubing, books, liquids, medications and water treatments, fish food, plant food and perishable items!
Any used Koi Cash Credits will be deducted from your return.
By purchasing products from us, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions outlined above. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our sales policy, please contact us before purchase.
Pack the products into a shipping box with plenty of packing material, and tape securely. Write the RMA# issued by Customer Service clearly on the outside of the shipping box.
Please ship your parcel back to the manufacturer freight prepaid via UPS or Fedex Ground Service "Insured". Sorry, manufacturers cannot accept COD or freight-collect shipments as well as shipments via US Postal Service.
Koi Market is not responsible for shipping cost(s) incurred on any products(s), no matter the reason for the return. All return Shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer in the event of a return.
All custom manufactured or custom assembled equipment orders, canceled after 5 days, including but not limited to Advantage Bead and Glass FIlters, Aqualogic Heaters, ThermaKoi Heaters, Aquabead Systems, Aquabead Filters, Alpha 1 Plus systems, Alpha 1 Filters, Aquadyne Filters, Bubble Bead Filters, ZAPP Pure Sterilizers, Emperor Aquatic Hydrapak, Emperor Aquatics HydraScape, W.Lim 4-Pack Wave Systems, W.Lim BioWave and the like, will be subject to a 10% cancellation and processing fee.
Filters, pumps, UV's and all other drop-shipped items must be returned to the distributor/manufacturer they came from and must have prior return approval by Koi Market Connection Inc. Returns and return requests must be made within 30 days of purchase.
Warranties Policy: ↑ TOP
All warranty returns must have a Returned Material Authorization number. Please call to receive an RMA number. Warranty returns must include a copy of the original sales receipt, along with an explanation of the product failure. All warranty returns must be via pre-paid freight.
Warranty: ↑ TOP
Each non-perishable product comes complete with a warranty from the manufacturer. The manufacturers' warranty covers repair or replacement of defective parts, subject to the conditions set forth. All warranties are held by the manufacturers and not by Koi Market LLC. If you have any questions regarding warranties, please either call (516 809 6771) or email email@example.com. If during the warranty period your product requires service, please contact the manufacturer as per the warranty instructions. If you have misplaced your sales receipt, simply email customer service and we will fax a copy of your receipt to the manufacturer on your behalf.
Shipping Policy: ↑ TOP
Koi Market does not ship to P.O. Boxes.
Orders received by 12 AM are generally shipped within 1 business day.
Any Orders received after 12:00 am on a Friday, will not be shipped until the following Monday. Any items purchased on a Saturday or Sunday will not get shipped until the following Monday unless specified otherwise.
Please allow 5-10 business days for delivery depending on location.
Custom pond filters and custom UV's may take 2 to 3 weeks for delivery.
All orders are drop shipped directly from our manufacturers in various states within the continental US.
Free Shipping $149.99 or More ↑ TOP
Receive FREE SHIPPING** on all qualifying purchases of $149.99 or more.
**No code is necessary. Shipping charges will be deducted from total order when qualified purchased item(s) are placed into shopping cart. Qualifying purchases must total $149.99 or more in products. Certain items are excluded from this promotion including, Pond Liner, Underlayment, and 3" Flex PVC, Advantage Bead Filters, medium and large EasyPro Pond Kits are excluded from this offer. Items listed as excluded will incur additional shipping costs. Offer is only valid in the continental United States. This offer is not valid in Hawaii, Alaska, U.S. Virgin Islands. Offer is only available for items that can be purchased through this website and does not reflect items that are ordered through the retail store in Huntington NY or Bellmore NY.
Applies to continental US delivery addresses only and is via ground by the carrier of our choice. Free shipping is defined as included shipping.
We will ship to Canada or Hawaii on a product by Product Basis, all Canadian and Hawaiian orders must be called in and or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To determine shipping/handling costs please follow these steps:
Note: All steps are completed without entering any credit card information.
Click the [Buy It] button next to the item of interest. Your shopping cart will appear with your item(s).
Enter your zip code and click the [Estimate Shipping Cost] button. The system will now automatically update your shipping/handling as you add or delete items from your shopping cart.
Note that products that receive free shipping will have a free shipping icon next to them.
For items too large for UPS, please call (516 809 6771) or email email@example.com for a freight quote. Please include your zip code and let us know if the delivery will be to a commercial or residential address. You will receive a response quickly.
We ship within the Continental United States only. If the item is listed as 'Free Shipping' and your delivery address is in Hawaii or Alaska please call customer service to place your order. Items listed as 'Free Shipping' do not ship to Hawaii, Canada or Alaska for free. At this time we are unable to ship to FPO, APO, Guam, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, etc.
We ship via various shipping services; shipping companies are subject to change and are selected by the drop ship companies, not Koi Market LLC. We do NOT ship to P.O. Boxes; we therefore need a physical 'ship to' address to process your order.
Cancellation Policy: ↑ TOP
All orders that are charged to your account but canceled before the order is shipped are subject to a 10% Processing Fee. This is the approximate fee that we pay the bank to process the purchase and refund the purchase to your credit card.
Payment Methods: ↑ TOP
Koi Market accepts the following major credit cards, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
We also accept PayPal
We also accept Google Checkout
Ordering Policies: ↑ TOP
All orders are subject to our approval. We reserve the right to limit quantities and to cancel any order. We are not responsible for illustrational & typographical errors.
Any orders placed online that are later canceled by customers, will be subject to a 10% processing fee. Orders that are canceled after shipment will be subject to our return policy outlined above.
Pricing & Sales Tax: ↑ TOP
New York residents must add 8.62% sales tax.
Price Match Policy: ↑ TOP
In today's tough economic climate, we realize that now more than ever consumers are looking to maximize value in every purchase they make. So, in order to help ensure that we are truly giving our customers the very BEST deals anywhere, we proudly offer a 110% Best-Price Guarantee on most products we carry. This means you can buy with confidence, knowing you are truly getting the lowest possible price.
If you find a lower advertised price from any of our online competitors for a product covered by our best-price guarantee, simply contact us within 10 business days after your original date of purchase and provide us with the competitor's website address so we can verify your price-match request. Once verified, we will issue a store credit equal to 110% of the price difference. This store credit can be used towards a future purchase via our online store.
We proudly offer FREE shipping and Koi Cash credit on many of our best-selling products while many of our competitors do not. Our price-match guarantee refers to the TOTAL cost of purchasing an identical product from one of our online competitors. So if a competitor advertises a lower price for an identical product sold by us but also charges an additional shipping cost at checkout, this shipping cost will be included when verifying your price-match request.
Our price-match guarantee applies to advertised prices appearing on competitor websites only. This policy does not apply to used or refurbished products, nor to products advertised and/or sold via online forums, bulletin boards, social networks, or online auction sites, including eBay.
If you have any questions regarding our price-match policy, please contact us before purchase.